JÁ ASSEMBLEIA GERAL 11 de Janeiro de 2019
CONVOCATÓRIA ASSEMBLEIA GERAL A Presidente da Assembleia, da “JAIT – International Theatre, Associação Cultural e recreativa” vem, em conformidade com as disposições legais aplicáveis e com o Regulamento da Associação, convocar por este meio todos os associados a reunirem em Assembleia Geral que terá lugar em Lisboa na Alameda dos Oceanos, nº5-A, 1990-197 Lisboa, no dia 11 de Janeiro de 2019, pelas 18.00 horas, com a seguinte: Ordem de Trabalhos
Apreciação do Relatório de Atividades do ano 2018 apresentado pela Direção;
Apreciação do Plano de Atividades apresentado pelo Associado Suresh Nampuri para o ano de 2019;
Outros assuntos de interesse para a Associação que sejam apresentados na Assembleia Geral;
De acordo com o Regulamento da Associação, se ao final de trinta minutos após a hora marcada para início da reunião, não estiverem os associados que garantam metade dos direitos de voto, a Assembleia reunirá com os associados presentes, pelo menos em número de três e terá os mesmos efeitos vinculativos. Custóias, 11 de Dezembro de 2018 A Presidente da Mesa da Assembleia Geral
We hope you enjoyed our 2018 shows and workshops!
Please give us some feedback!
Which JÁ shows & workshops did you attend in 2018? ---SHOWS: Nabokov / Pessoa: First Person Plural / Pinter's "Celebration" / "III" (Pinter, Tennessee Williams) ---WORKSHOPS: Playing with Shakespeare / Love and Longing in the Classics / Alexander Technique What did you enjoy most? In 2019, would you like to see Já do staged readings of more modern plays or more classical plays? In 2019, would you like to see Já do some Shakespeare?
Please email us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks and have a great Christmas!
JÁ Staged Readings
JÁ Staged Readings are our very own ARTIST’S LAB dedicated to experiencing theatre raw. An opportunity for both budding and established actors to plunge into exciting scripts stripped to their central core – words and gestures alone…
A chance too for directors to workshop a pet project, for writers to hear and see their plays breathe free of the stress of an impending full production… And for audiences to experience the intimacy of action and emotion a few feet away from you…
Very few props, little costume, minimal set, live music on occasion – these events are about re-connecting audience and actors, with a script leaping to life. A performance, a glass of wine, a discussion with our audience, and then we all move on!
2 Tracks. Our Staged Readings are based on a two-track approach.
Track#1 is for major dramatists, experienced directors and established writers, ie our mainstream track designed to create enjoyable theatre for one and all.
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Maschenka||2F, 6M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 16 Mar 2018, 20:00|
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Spring in Fialta||1F, 1M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Sat 17 Mar 2018, 17:00|
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Music||1F, 1M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Sat 17 Mar 2018, 17:00|
|Sept||Harold Pinter||Celebration||4F, 5M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 7 Sep 2018, 21:00
Sat 8 Sep 2018, 21:00
|Dec||Harold Pinter||One for the Road||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:00
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
|Dec||Tennessee Williams||Talk to me like the Rain & I will Listen||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:00
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
|Dec||Tennessee Williams||Mr Paradise||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:00
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
Track#2 is our more experimental vein, showcasing new writing, cross-genre collaborations, or a piece of theatrical technique in development… a chance for both specialists and theatregoers to develop innovative new ways of storytelling.
|June||Margarida Rocha||Pessoa, First Person Plural||2F, 6M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 29 Jun 2018, 22:00
Sun 1 Jul 2018, 18:00
If you’re intrigued by literature and theatre, Staged Reading Evenings are a wonderful way to sample new flavours! From Vladimir Nabokov and Ernest Hemingway to living writers like David Hare and Elena Ferrante, there’s something here for everybody!
POSSIBLE PLAYS FOR STAGED READINGS
- Anna: in a corrupt state, an activist tries to raise her daughter, improve her wardrobe, and handle the attentions of a male colleague while focusing on her job
- God of Carnage: a fight between two 11 year old boys leads to one of them losing two teeth. The two sets of parents meet to discuss the incident. Alan is a lawyer and his wife Anne works in wealth management. Veronica and Michael are the parents of the “victim”. As the evening goes on, the initial politeness between the two couples soon cracks.
- Medea: Euripides’ classic tale of female revenge
- Oslo: the true story of a Norwegian couple who organized breakthrough negotiations between Israeli PM Rabin and PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat in 1993…
- The Astonished Heart: a psychiatrist falls disastrously in love with a woman who is an old friend of his wife
- The Lonesome West: Coleman is interested only in eating. His brother Valene dotes on his religious ornaments, and drinks poteen. The brothers argue constantly and mercilessly. 17 yo Girleen is in love with the local priest, Father Welsh, who does his utmost to fix the relationship between the two brothers…