Find the courage to authentically be who you are.
With the tools of the Alexander Technique, come explore your sound, breath, movement and passion, and the deep well of who you ultimately are.
Whether you are a singer, dancer, actor or any kind of performer, this workshop will shine a light into blind spots within the body and soul to help you open up and meet yourself in a more meaningful way, and enable you to not hold yourself back.
By becoming more aware, it is possible to change harmful (and mostly unconscious) habits. We then can experience a new sense of freedom, improvement in overall health, alertness and performance in all activities.
You will leave this workshop with new inspiration, with tools of how to practice and play the instrument of your being, and ultimately tell the stories you want to tell.
To wind up its 1st full year of activity,
JÁ invites you to a theatrical banquet!
- Harold Pinter’s politically charged edge-of-the-seat ONE FOR THE ROAD
- Tennessee Williams’ requiem for the beat generation, TALK TO ME LIKE THE RAIN AND I WILL LISTEN and
- Tennessee Williams’ reflections on the hopes that drive a writer as he muses on mortality, MR. PARADISE
This sumptuous 3-course banquet is preceded by a delicious 10-minute aperitif…
- Samuel Beckett’s COME AND GO
Starting with gestures, signs and silences and gestures, passing through Pinter’s pregnant and troubling pauses, the evening journey takes you on to the frail Tennessee whose words, at the end of his life, still bloom with grace, a tribute to and a defiance of the mortality of their human creator.
Run-times: Pinter 50 mins, Williams 30mins+30mins, Beckett 15 mins.
JÁ Staged Readings
JÁ Staged Readings are our very own ARTIST’S LAB dedicated to experiencing theatre raw. An opportunity for both budding and established actors to plunge into exciting scripts stripped to their central core – words and gestures alone…
A chance too for directors to workshop a pet project, for writers to hear and see their plays breathe free of the stress of an impending full production… And for audiences to experience the intimacy of action and emotion a few feet away from you…
Very few props, little costume, minimal set, live music on occasion – these events are about re-connecting audience and actors, with a script leaping to life. A performance, a glass of wine, a discussion with our audience, and then we all move on!
2 Tracks. Our Staged Readings are based on a two-track approach.
Track#1 is for major dramatists, experienced directors and established writers, ie our mainstream track designed to create enjoyable theatre for one and all.
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Maschenka||2F, 6M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 16 Mar 2018, 20:00|
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Spring in Fialta||1F, 1M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Sat 17 Mar 2018, 17:00|
|March||Vladimir Nabokov||Music||1F, 1M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Sat 17 Mar 2018, 17:00|
|Sept||Harold Pinter||Celebration||4F, 5M||3.11 Studio, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 7 Sep 2018, 21:00
Sat 8 Sep 2018, 21:00
|Dec||Harold Pinter||One for the Road||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:30
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
|Dec||Tennessee Williams||Talk to me like the Rain and I will Listen||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:30
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
|Dec||Tennessee Williams||Mr Paradise||1F, 1M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Thurs 6 Dec 2018, 20:30
Sat 8 Dec 2018, 16:00
Track#2 is our more experimental vein, showcasing new writing, cross-genre collaborations, or a piece of theatrical technique in development… a chance for both specialists and theatregoers to develop innovative new ways of storytelling.
|June||Margarida Rocha||Pessoa, First Person Plural||2F, 6M||Ler Devagar, LX Factory, Lisbon||Fri 29 Jun 2018, 22:00
Sun 1 Jul 2018, 18:00
If you’re intrigued by literature and theatre, Staged Reading Evenings are a wonderful way to sample new flavours! From Vladimir Nabokov and Ernest Hemingway to living writers like David Hare and Elena Ferrante, there’s something here for everybody!
POSSIBLE PLAYS FOR STAGED READINGS
- Anna: in a corrupt state, an activist tries to raise her daughter, improve her wardrobe, and handle the attentions of a male colleague while focusing on her job
- God of Carnage: a fight between two 11 year old boys leads to one of them losing two teeth. The two sets of parents meet to discuss the incident. Alan is a lawyer and his wife Anne works in wealth management. Veronica and Michael are the parents of the “victim”. As the evening goes on, the initial politeness between the two couples soon cracks.
- Medea: Euripides’ classic tale of female revenge
- Oslo: the true story of a Norwegian couple who organized breakthrough negotiations between Israeli PM Rabin and PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat in 1993…
- The Astonished Heart: a psychiatrist falls disastrously in love with a woman who is an old friend of his wife
- The Lonesome West: Coleman is interested only in eating. His brother Valene dotes on his religious ornaments, and drinks poteen. The brothers argue constantly and mercilessly. 17 yo Girleen is in love with the local priest, Father Welsh, who does his utmost to fix the relationship between the two brothers…
No Events on The List at This Time